IMPROVE HEALTHCARE OUTCOMES AND LOWER COSTS
A portable ultrasound that helps providers accelerate treatment decisions at the point of care.
Vscan Extend ™ All-in-one dual-probe handheld ultrasound system
Increase diagnostic precision
The use of Pocket-Size Hand-Held Echocardiographic devices after brief bedside training significantly improved the clinical diagnosis of medical students and junior doctors.1
Expedite confident decision making
Residents with limited training in cardiac ultrasound were able to identify LVSD in patients with excellent precision, and confirm findings 22 hours before availability of formal echocardiography result.2
Reduce the need of extra tests
After a short training course, a pocket-sized ultrasound device examination in addition to a physical exam can improve the answer to 10 common clinical questions and reduce the need for further testing.3
Increase the quality of referral
Vscan Extend provides additional clues during the physical exam in just a few short minutes of scanning to increase the quality of referrals and improve your patient’s overall experience.
Clinical Resources for
- CLINICAL IMAGES
STUDIES & EVIDENCE
For optimal experience, view on personal computer
Pocket-Size Imaging Devices (PSID) can provide a valuable alternative to TTE in the presence of focused clinical questions and can provide an efficient way of delivering a ward-based transthoracic echo service.
Usefulness of a New Miniaturized Echocardiographic System in Outpatient Cardiology Consultations as an Extension of Physical Examination
The use of ultrasound guidance in abdominal paracentesis procedures is associated with fewer adverse events and lower hospitalization costs than procedures where ultrasound is not used.
n Diagnostic Accuracy and Cost-Effectiveness of a Pocket-Sized Transthoracic Echocardiographic Imaging Device
Vscan Extend Handheld Ultrasound for Hospital Administration
Easy and Intuitive User Interface
From ₹ 6,82,500
Deep and Superficial Imaging
Easy and Intuitive User Interface
From ₹ 7,87,500
Instant App Access. Extended Tools at your Fingertips.
GE Healthcare has partnered with DiA Imaging Analysis, Ltd. to provide the LVivo EF app. It calculates ejection fraction, end-systolic and end-diastolic left ventricular volumes by automated edge detection of the left myocardial wall using apical 4-chamber views.
Enables automated TGC (time gain compensation) with a single key stroke during live scanning. Gain will be automatically adjusted for all depths.
A flexible, protocol enabled measurement tool for calculating urinary bladder volumes. It can be used anytime during a scan.
Navigates you through a systematic lung ultrasound exam. It automatically activates your scanning preset and annotates each image during the lung exam.
Provides the M-Mode capability specifically to support lung assessment and documentation of signs like seashore.
Scan Coach RHD
Provides a protocol to help you obtain images and data to assess the presence of RHD disease in the path to determining treatment options.
Scan Coach FATE
Provides a protocol of standard ultrasound imaging views and context-based reference materials to perform a systematic FATE exam.
Scan Coach FCU
Provides a protocol of standard ultrasound imaging views and context-based reference materials to perform a systematic evaluation of the heart.
Create a customized exam script that will help ensure exam consistency by guiding you through an ultrasound image acquisition protocol.
Wirelessly exported jpg files and mpg clips can be complemented by patient identifier and scan information, as recommended by ultrasound documentation standards such as AIUM and DEGUM.
Mirror the display of the Vscan Extend onto a wireless display via Miracast. You will have the ability to share and collaborate with other healthcare providers and patients.
The Vscan family of handheld ultrasound solutions
Enables clinicians to easily image patients at the point of care.
- Two transducers. One probe.
- Clear images for informed decisions.
- Easy to use. Every day.
- Support in every scan.
- Backed by GE Healthcare’s legacy of handheld ultrasound innovation.
Dedicated, hardwired device with 5″ touchscreen
Designed for broad clinical utility with dual probe
Well-suited for advanced focused cardiac assessments**
Sector and linear transducers
View in portrait mode
Wirelessly export images to Tricefy™
Personalize your device with access to apps – LVivo EF, Urinary Bladder Volume, Lung M-Mode and more
** Vscan Extend is suited for a focused, standardized assessment of the cardiac size, structure and function at the point-of-care including LV function and significant structural and valvular function abnormalities, in addition to meeting the aforementioned guidelines.
1. Panoulas & Nihoyannopoulos, Hammersmith Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust and Imperial College London, London, UK; “Pocket-Size Hand-Held Cardiac Ultrasound as an Adjunct to Clinical Examination in the Hands of Medical Students and Junior Doctors;” European Heart Journal of Cardiovascular Imaging, 2013; PubMed ID (PMID) 22833550
2. Razi & Spencer, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois – USA; “Bedside Hand-Carried Ultrasound by Internal Medicine Residents Versus Traditional Clinical Assessment for the Identification of Systolic Dysfunction in Patients Admitted with Decompensated Heart Failure;” Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography, 2011; PubMed ID (PMID) 21885245
3. Colli & Casazza, Internal Medicine Department, Ospedale A Manzoni, Lecco, Italy Department of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences “L. Sacco,” Università degli Studi di Milano, Milan, Italy; “The Use of a PocketSized Ultrasound Device Improves Physical Examination – Results of an In- and Outpatient Cohort Study;” PloS ONE, 2015; PubMed ID (PMID) 25793296 Open Access